1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
it was a good experience and I learnt a lot, not always the most interesting though
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone extremely welcoming and friendly to integrate you into the team however the work given out could sometimes feel like just the mundane things no one else wants to do
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
whenever it was need help and support was available, not just my management but by anyone in the team
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
dependent on the workload the department had on at the time, some months could be very busy while others gave a lot of free time
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
again, department dependent but in some I was given complete lead on high priority level projects which gave me vast amounts of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
large amounts of training opportunities available and a range of soft and hard skills were developed here, due to my course being slightly different from my work at Cummins the technical aspects learnt may not be too applicable to my course.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
friendly and laid back
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
structured very well
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
all full time employee training opportunities were available to placement students as well
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing, full time employees here seem to be very content staying with the company their whole lives and have developed a great deal professionally with opportunities like ImechE available
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
possibly the most social placement scene available, over 20 placement students are taken on each year creating a large group of like minded and similarly aged individuals to socialize with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
very close to Manchester and Leeds, creating great opportunities for a nightlife
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
many sports and social clubs subsidized by the company