Current Product Support Gas engines at Cummins

Daventry (lived in Coventry) East Midlands
Engineering Mechanical Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Working to improve current product.
Projects included validation, testing, working with analysis, metrology, materials etc.

It was a very good year, I learnt a lot not just about the organisation but also about engineering.
I also got to spend a year with some great people.

As a placement student they give you real projects, but also giving it to you as a responsibility. Instead of telling you what to do they had it over to you and allow you to work through it at your own pace, giving guidance along the way.

I was given guidance buy many other colleges and support was always available. If you asked someone would be able to help and support you in what you need. There was also a variety of training available which could be accessed easily.

There was always work available. You were not pushed into doing it, they felt it was better to give you responsibility for it. The work was flexible which allowed you to work on many different projects. I was never loaded up too much and we had chance to set our own deadlines for projects.

I was given responsibility of a few different projects, and was then in charge of completing them and making sure deadlines were achieved.

Not sure how much it will help during my degree, work is very different. I do feel it will help me a lot more during my future career and was a very valuable year.

The office had a fantastic atmosphere, we all worked well together but also took part in activities outside of work.

Once the placement got going it was good. The initial training and recruitment process wasn't brilliant.

I was sent on many different training courses. Not only the standard on boarding but also training on different technical components etc. I was also involved in engine training which showed us how the engines were built.
Not only training but I also was asked to visit different sites which taught me about customer engines or helped during projects.

I would defiantly work for Cummins again. Unfortunately the Company are not recruiting many graduates.

There was a good social group including a Facebook page. Unfortunately due to living far out (Coventry) I was not able to be as involved as I would have liked.

In Daventry it was fairly expensive from what I heard. However I lived in Coventry which is fairly reasonable.

In Daventry not great, its a small town. Northampton was better, and Coventry was okay too.

Loads! Within my team there was a team fun activity every month and we also went out for meals on special occasions. And had a work Christmas do.