Customer Support - On highway Placement Student at Cummins

Darlington North East
Automotive Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.9/10

Supporting the Bus Customer Support managers in various issues with resolutions. Looking through warranty parts.

I enjoyed my placement year with Cummins very much. It will be a struggle to leave and go back to university

Working in a department of 7 people, I have grown close to them over the year. All the employees are always happy to help.

The support provided by my supervisor and line manager has exceeded my expectations. Based on their support/knowledge and help I was able to grow so far as an engineer in the industry.

Depending on the day, it can be very busy or more relaxing, leading in the end to a perfect balance.

My supervisor and line manager have grown to trust me enough that I have became a valuable team member over the year.

I believe that all the skills I have developed or honed, all the training I have attended will be invaluable for me in the years to come, including university or future career.

Being a placement student in customer support the atmosphere is always fun, as people need to unwind after a long and serious call with various customers.

Based on the feedback received till this point, it seems that if there are opportunities in the company once my university is finished , most of the people would want me back.

I had a very good year socializing with the other placement students. As 10 of us lived in the same city as the plant, it was easy to organize social events.

Living in the north-east, accommodation and socializing are usually cheap.

Darlington is not such a good nightlife for students.

If you show the initiative there is always an activity that you can join outside of work. As students for Cummins, we are always pushed to help the community and help with events or activities.