7.9/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising

FX Trader Dashboards Technology support and documentation

2. Was very enjoyable and ensightful into the world of investment banking. First hand contact with how important technology is to the trading business.

4. Everyone at RBS that I came in contact with was bothe very helpful and always made me feel like part of the team rather than an intern.

6. My line manager ensured that I had a project and workload to keep me busy. He also provided support whenever I needed it and set new tasks once old ones were completed.

8. Most days were very busy and went by very quickly. Constant work meant that I was never sitting around bored.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. Due to the nature of my department there were a large number of things that i could not help out with due to not having the correct qualifications. However, the tasks I was set were of direct releavance to my team.

12. Gained an excellent insight into bothe C# programming and also FX Trading and how the markets work and opperate. This will be very valuable in the future.

14. The atmosphere was one of concentration and everyone took their work seriously. However, people were still always in a good mood and willing to have a laugh.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. The organisation of the internship was excellent. HR organised plenty of after, and during, work events for the interns and the programme in general was very well ran.

18. RBS interns complete a 1 week orientation programme at the start of the internship to make sure everyone is aware of the operations of the bank. Following that everyone is trained depending on what role/department they are in.

20. Subsidised Canteen

Subsidised/Company Gym

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. I think that RBS is definetly somewhere that I would like to come back to work in the future as it has a focus and welcoming atmoshpere and teh people are great to work with.

24. The social scene after work between the interns was very strong and lively. Events were organised as well as nights out at least a few times a week.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. I live in London so the cost of living was very low for me. My expenditure was mostly on socialising and travel rather than things such as accomodation.

28. London nightlife speaks for itself. Something for everyone and always something going on whatever night you choose to go out on.

30. There were lots of events organised outside of work to get involved with people from all over the bank. Ranging from football to cycling etc. most things were catered for.

Banking - Investment