Student planner - woodshop at BMW Group

Automotive Design Engineering

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.3/10

4.2

Creating and improving processes, cross-department communication.

Definitely the best experience I've had since I left high school, it's made the degree worth it.

It feels like I've worked here forever, my immediate colleagues are very friendly and helpful.

My manager has been off extensively in the last month but my supervisor has been very helpful.

Sometimes a bit slow but normally plently of non-menial tasks to do.

Almost entirely responsible for running one of the only robots on site, feedback I gave made a huge impact in the direction it was being taken.

Now trained on how to operate and program an ABB robot, no accreditation but very valuable experience.

Very friendly for the most part.

Once I started it was fine but it did feel a bit last-minute.

Not accredited in robot operation but entrusted me with the responsibility to give it a go and provided training from the manufacturers.

Not completely interested in the graduate scheme to be honest but in terms of a typical role it's very appealing.

I met two other interns until 9 months into my placement when I found out there were lots of us. Not hugely fussed but it would have been nice to know, especially since finding a place to stay was a challenge.

I don't go out 'socialising' so that wasn't a big deal, but since interns don't get a parking pass I had to stay in Chichester which was very expensive.

Completely do not care so no idea.

A couple of company dinners, great staff discount for the Festival of Speed though.