Creating and improving processes, cross-department communication.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Definitely the best experience I've had since I left high school, it's made the degree worth it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
It feels like I've worked here forever, my immediate colleagues are very friendly and helpful.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager has been off extensively in the last month but my supervisor has been very helpful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Sometimes a bit slow but normally plently of non-menial tasks to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Almost entirely responsible for running one of the only robots on site, feedback I gave made a huge impact in the direction it was being taken.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Now trained on how to operate and program an ABB robot, no accreditation but very valuable experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly for the most part.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Once I started it was fine but it did feel a bit last-minute.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not accredited in robot operation but entrusted me with the responsibility to give it a go and provided training from the manufacturers.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not completely interested in the graduate scheme to be honest but in terms of a typical role it's very appealing.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I met two other interns until 9 months into my placement when I found out there were lots of us. Not hugely fussed but it would have been nice to know, especially since finding a place to stay was a challenge.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I don't go out 'socialising' so that wasn't a big deal, but since interns don't get a parking pass I had to stay in Chichester which was very expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Completely do not care so no idea.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A couple of company dinners, great staff discount for the Festival of Speed though.