Intern Physical Logistics at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.7/10

6.4

Project steering

I enjoyed my placement a lot. First of all because it is in another town, another country with another culture, but also because BMW as a company helped me to discover my skills and my passion.

a lot! My colleagues were always very helpful and I made even friends.

I could have get a little bit more support in the beginning and later onwards when I started the project I would have like to get a introduction in the topic as I had no idea about it, but on the other handside I've grown in it.

there are weeks I was really busy as we had to stick to a timeline and other weeks were not too busy so i could concentrate on other things. But all in all it was a good balance.

I was given the task to lead a project and to build up a little project team within different departments.

every bad or good situation I had in this placement will help me in my future. How to solve problems without getting frustrated directly, how to manage things, how to be a part of a team...

We had loads of fun. My colleagues and I, we always played a little prank at each other that helped us to survive some of the long days. For my birthday my whole table was full of sweets and Birthday cards, I got a present - it was amazing !!

In the beginning I had nothing to do for around 2 weeks - the worst days of my placement. It was very boring. I had nothing to do as our HR department lost my contract, so I couldnt get access to the computer. I have heard from other Interns that some of their contract got lost as well - maybe that would be something to change.

I didn't get any training.

I'm really interested in staying with BMW and my manager is also interested, but we still have to sort out if it is possible.

YES! we've got every thursday an interns meeting in a pub and with my team we spend some nice evenings. Soon we will go camping all together for a weekend.

costs are HUGE !! living in oxford is very expensive...

Oxford is not as big as london. If you like partying in a big city you're not at the right place. Oxford has some clubs and loads of pubs everywhere - it is awesome as you can just go home and don't have to take 3 buses or an expensive taxi. You always meet up with people in the city even if you didn't arrange to see them - thats great!!

yes, a lot! I'm going beginning of July to a mountain challenge to lake district. We will be camping and then hike in the mountains. That was all organised by BMW. That's one as an example...