Logistics planning and steering at BMW Group

Logistics and Operations

BMW Group is a Top Employer

6.7/10

6.0

Target, finance and head count steering for the logistics department,

I've really enjoyed it, I've had a chance to see the different working of a car plant and big logistics department while also learning a lot of new skills.

Over the year I was given quite a lot of responsibility which only increased as time went on.

My manager was always there if I ever had and problems and encouraged me to ask questions.

It could vary sometimes being very busy sometimes not so much, but there was always something to do all I had to do was look for it.

As I've been working in quite a small team I was from time to time left to run with some projects.

Although the skills I've learn probably won't be need in my degree, I believe they will be exstremely useful to take forward into a future career.

The office I work in was a lot quieter than others round the plant with less going on, but every one it the office was very nice and happy to help if you had a question.

From BMW side very well I had an introduction including learning by role and a tour of the plant when I started. Induction sessions with other departments were also set up to help me get a better understanding of my role.

As an intern I didn't attend any training courses but did learn a lot from those I was working with.

The company has been known to take interns on straight from an internship but the possibilities do drop going back to uni for a year, however having gained a good understanding of the business there are still some opitunitiys.

Every Thursday night all the interns were invited out to a local pub to socialise, and with such a big intern community there was always something planned each weekend.

Being in Oxford it was very exspencive living but there were a few cheeper pubs around.

Never tried

Some interns would go play football together after work, and others would take the opitunitiy to borrow a car from work to travel the county.