Target, finance and head count steering for the logistics department,
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I've really enjoyed it, I've had a chance to see the different working of a car plant and big logistics department while also learning a lot of new skills.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Over the year I was given quite a lot of responsibility which only increased as time went on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was always there if I ever had and problems and encouraged me to ask questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It could vary sometimes being very busy sometimes not so much, but there was always something to do all I had to do was look for it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As I've been working in quite a small team I was from time to time left to run with some projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Although the skills I've learn probably won't be need in my degree, I believe they will be exstremely useful to take forward into a future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office I work in was a lot quieter than others round the plant with less going on, but every one it the office was very nice and happy to help if you had a question.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
From BMW side very well I had an introduction including learning by role and a tour of the plant when I started. Induction sessions with other departments were also set up to help me get a better understanding of my role.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As an intern I didn't attend any training courses but did learn a lot from those I was working with.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company has been known to take interns on straight from an internship but the possibilities do drop going back to uni for a year, however having gained a good understanding of the business there are still some opitunitiys.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Every Thursday night all the interns were invited out to a local pub to socialise, and with such a big intern community there was always something planned each weekend.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being in Oxford it was very exspencive living but there were a few cheeper pubs around.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some interns would go play football together after work, and others would take the opitunitiy to borrow a car from work to travel the county.