Student Intern at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.3/10

5.5

Maintenance planning

A great atmosphere for students to experience life in industry.

From the first day of my placement, they made me feel very welcome. Daily banter, coffees in the canteen, support with projects, etc.

My supervisors were very supportive and guided me throughout my placement. They catered to my every need.

Due to the enormous scale of my project, I was always busy. If I had nothing to do, I would be proactive and ask for more responsibilities.

I was given a big project to work on. This let me work with different departments and colleagues of various levels of experience. I didn't expect the company would trust an intern to be able to contact suppliers and make decisions on choosing suppliers for parts.

Apart from soft skills like IT softwares such as Microstation (3D CAD), Excel, SAP, etc I got plenty of opportunity to get hands on in the workshop. I learnt to manually operate a robot. Enough said!

Some days would be busy so we would give each other the privacy to concentrate

Pretty well organised. Tasks were delegated as soon as I joined in. I was inducted with company procedures, training, departments,etc. Although my work overalls took 6 months to arrive which was annoying.

I had plenty of training including robot operation, Microstation (3D CAD), hands on working with weld guns, orientation with different departments, etc.

I haven't had that discussion yet with my managers.

The interns met at different pubs each Thursday and communicated plans via a whatsapp group.

Pretty steep. Oxford is an expensive place to live in almost as much as london.

Not into much partying to be honest. But I hear its pretty good being a student town.