1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement was very enjoyable and has given me valuable skills to use in the future. I felt a valued member of the team and the company coupled with a lot of responsibility.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very valued- the office environment was great and I felt like an important part of the team from day 1.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The office set-up makes asking questions and getting guidance very easy. Everyone was very approachable with any questions I had and was patient with me.
My manager was especially helpful with supporting me throughout my placement. He also encouraged me to seek my own solutions to problems if possible which was very important for my development throughout the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days I would be extremely busy (which I enjoyed) but it was never too much and other days I would be less busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot more responsibility than I expected before I started the placement.
I presented in weekly meetings and often liaised with senior management regarding analysis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There are certain skills I have learnt which will be invaluable for both my studies and future work. The was definitely a great experience which will help me in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very easy to talk to in the office, however, the floor I worked on was very quiet compared to others.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised, a long handover period with the old intern which really helped. I always had support and was gradually given more work to do as I gained confidence and efficiency.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Throughout the year HR put on several workshops for the interns, I found these fairly useful and they included topics such as presentation skills.
At the start of my internship, a lot of time went into my training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A lot of interns come back to work for the company after uni. My manager was also an intern, however there is no specific graduate scheme available to apply for.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are over 50 interns in the company and therefore socialising was never a problem. Everyone was always really friendly and there is always something going on outside of work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is central London so is always going to be expensive but I commuted in from Essex so didn't have to pay the London rent prices. However the cost of my train season ticket was almost as expensive!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great- Central London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?