IT Intern at GE (General Electric)

Watford South East
Business Management Information Technology Market Research

9.1/10

Project managing, business analyst, IT support.

I have enjoyed my placement everyday of the year. It has really made me happy about my decision to do the placement, as at the beginning of my second year I wasn't sure about doing it, but then I changed my mind and I could not be happier.

I was very lucky with my colleagues, everyone was friendly, supportive and gave me guidance at every chance they had. I made some great friends who I will stay in touch with in the future.

My manager put a lot of effort into my development. We had 1-2-1 sessions every week to go through my work, to set new goals and activities for me, I was always asked about my workload and any support needed. I felt like I always had support and guidance if I needed it.

I was busy enough to feel like the day has flown by. There were some days where you might be less busy, but like any job you have some days where you might have less things to do. Overall, I was very happy with the balance and it's all about prioritising your work and managing expectations, so you don't end up taking too much work.

I was given quite a lot of responsibility and I felt like my work was valued at all times. Some of the work I did was then sent to CIO, CEO etc.. So it just shows that the work is important.

The training I received and the skills I developed were beyond my expectations. I was provided with some fantastic training as well as professional training where I received a qualification. With all the training, skills and knowledge I feel like I'm much more ready for the final year at university and it will benefit me a lot.

The atmosphere was relaxed, friendly, fun and professional.

It was well organised and prepared. From the beginning I had an introduction into the company, I was given couple of weeks to settle in, get to know people and was given a few presentations from various people about the business, so you really get to know how the business operates.

The company has invested a lot, not just financially, but time as well. I was given a number of professional training as well as given opportunity to achieve a professional qualification.

There are a lot of opportunities to apply for some graduate programmes. Just because your placement finished it does not mean that you won't have the opportunity to come back and work for the company after graduating.

It was good, it all depends how much you want to get involved. There were social clubs, events, sports events and plenty of opportunities to get involved.

I have lived away from the area as I stayed at home, but from what I've heard the cost of living is average and there are plenty of places to go for socialising.

I have went out only twice, as I lived away from the area, but the Nightlife is great, we have a really good night and there were no troubles, just fun.

Yes. The colleagues always organised events outside work, like cinema, Top Golf, football nights, meals and so on.