1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My internship at GE Capital was very rewarding. I was able to get involved in various projects both inside and outside of my day-to-day role. Working for the business during a drastically changing landscape was a fantastic learning opportunity that I will take back to University.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was made to feel valued by my colleagues from day 1. You are given work that matters to the business and therefore you feel worthwhile.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
IIf I ever required any assistance in any task I was given, I feel I could reach out to my manager or team members with no issues.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Like most working environments, there were busy periods and times where it was relatively quiet
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility as an Intern. An example was my involvement leading a contract renewal with one of our vendors. My work determined what the service would look like over the next 12 months.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt both technical and a number of soft skills that I will take back to university and onto further employment. I was given constructive feedback at the end of my placement that was extremely helpful.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Positive atmosphere, could speak to anyone if I required their assistance
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
GE's internship program has been running for decades and therefore everything was well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had internal training worth $1,000 on some GE internal software
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have applied for the graduate scheme as it offers great potential to progress within the business.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were a good amount of interns in the office and we all made good friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Average for the area, much cheaper than London living
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very good nightlife as it was in Manchester
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?