IT Intern at GE (General Electric)

Manchester North West
Information Technology

7.5/10

7.6

Working in IT Security for GE Capital

My internship at GE Capital was very rewarding. I was able to get involved in various projects both inside and outside of my day-to-day role. Working for the business during a drastically changing landscape was a fantastic learning opportunity that I will take back to University.

I was made to feel valued by my colleagues from day 1. You are given work that matters to the business and therefore you feel worthwhile.

IIf I ever required any assistance in any task I was given, I feel I could reach out to my manager or team members with no issues.

Like most working environments, there were busy periods and times where it was relatively quiet

I was given a lot of responsibility as an Intern. An example was my involvement leading a contract renewal with one of our vendors. My work determined what the service would look like over the next 12 months.

I have learnt both technical and a number of soft skills that I will take back to university and onto further employment. I was given constructive feedback at the end of my placement that was extremely helpful.

Positive atmosphere, could speak to anyone if I required their assistance

GE's internship program has been running for decades and therefore everything was well organised.

I had internal training worth $1,000 on some GE internal software

I have applied for the graduate scheme as it offers great potential to progress within the business.

There were a good amount of interns in the office and we all made good friends.

Average for the area, much cheaper than London living

Very good nightlife as it was in Manchester

Could have been more