- Summer Analyst in the real estate team
- Prepare technical and marketing pitches to clients
- Prepare numerical analysis(merger profiles, data gathering...)
- Realise a presentation in front of UBS's senior managers
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- A challenging internship, interesting
- Great team
- Very, very long hours
- An industry very focused on money
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Quite good integration, however did not like the industry, too individualistic, money-oriented. And since you work so much, you dont really get time to do anything else and become such a boring person.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was guided all along the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very busy but I liked it.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I went to a client after 1 month and prepared the material discussions for the actual meeting with Senior management of the client company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Skills such as:
- work under pressure
will be useful for life
However, some skills such as finance skills might be useless if going in another industry.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Just ok, manageable.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very good effort from the HR department to organise conferences with the other interns, welcoming/farewell events...
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
You feel really valuable to the company on the first day of the internship
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Quite good prospects to be hired if you perform well.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of interns, lots of fun.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is in the City. Few pubs around, not expensive. However, lunch can become expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Great london nightlfe!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
You work too much (Average 9 to 12pm a day - 1 week-end out of two)