Finance Intern at Eaton

Gloucester South West
Accountancy Business Analytics Financial Management

Eaton is a Top Employer

8.9/10

General support to the Finance function to gain knowledge and understanding of its workings, particularly:
• Financial reporting, analysis and Statutory reporting
• Assisting with month end preparation and closing;
• Budgeting and forecasting;
• Global Trade Compliance;
• Inventory Management; and
• Work closely with the Finance team and wider organisation to achieve key responsibilities and goals.

The projects set out at this initial stage are:
• Fixed Assets;
• Compliance manual review;
• Monthly timetable for Finance;
• Improvements in reporting;
• Management reporting consolidation; and
• Integrated Reconciliation stage of Sales, Inventory and Operations Process

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. The tasks I was given I found very interesting and the team I worked within were very friendly helpful.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

I felt very valued by my colleagues. I received a lot of positive feedback and gratitude from my fellow employees. They treated me with the respect and kindness just like every other member of the team.

I couldn't have asked for better support. There whole internship programme is dedicated to the development of the interns, and the interests of the interns and company alike. My line manager provided me with much guidance and always made time for me.

Every day was different. However, I constantly found myself with something to do, and all the tasks and projects were all real contributions to the business.

I was given a lot of responsibility. For example I had access to a lot of confidential information. There were also a lot of tasks that I was solely responsible for.

The skills and training I have received this year will prove invaluable. I have been able to apply the theory I learnt at university in the real world, and to build upon the knowledge I already had. I have gained a deeper understanding which I believe will stand me in good stead in the future, both with university and future career paths. I have also had the chance to develop many transferrable skills such as communication and presentation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

The general atmosphere was very relaxed, which made the pressures of the job a lot less stressful. But it also had a friendly and warm atmosphere from day one,

Very well organised. From day one you knew the structure of the placement and the dates on which you had training.

There were several training events I attended. Both on-the-job and training organised for all interns. the company invested both time and money to make sure that I had every opportunity to develop.

The organisation offers a graduate scheme and often use previous interns as part of the recruitment pool.

Usually there are more than one intern on each site so you get to form close relationships to those in a similar situation as you. You also got the chance to socialise and meet at training events.

The cost of living was average where I was located. I also lived with two other interns, which helped socialising and reducing the living costs.

Because where I was based was in the country side, there was not the biggest night life right on the door step. However, Cheltenham, Bristol, Gloucester and Cardiff were a relatively short drive away.

There was a weekly football club after work and also a 'Walk around the world' challenge. Also, there were suggestion boxes in case anyone wanted to start new clubs/activities.