Commercial Placement at L'Oreal

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

7.5/10

6.0

Commercial stream

Overall had a really great year met so many people many of which i will stay in touch with.
I have learnt a lot from role specific to what full time work is like. An average day is 8:45 till 5:30 allowing for a good work life balance. I would recommend L'Oréal.

Not really knowing what to expect when i joined I have feel very comfortable with my team.
The work I do is valued and you are given work that enables you to grow as a person. It is important to have good relationships with your colleagues so that you enjoy going wot work, this is something that has not been an issue as every one is so friendly.

Personally I have had a fantastic manager. Always willing to offer support and answer any questions I had (particularly at the beginning). At the beginning I found it challenging to try and remember all my duties however I was always offered help if I needed it and given guidance when reaching out beyond my role.

Work flow is something that varies throughout the week/ month. I found I always had things to do. It is important to manage expectations and prioritise your work. It is easy to go and find your self work as well if you every found yourself with no much to do.

The work you do at L'Oreal really is work that needs to be done. you are not given work for the sake of it. You have to apply yourself and think about what you are doing as it will impact the business. Sometimes it hard to change existing processes which can be frustrating but overall you are given responsibility.

I will take back to uni my work ethic. I struggled to really knuckle down and get of with essays and work at uni however the discipline of full time work is something that I will value at uni.
Beyond uni the skill i have learnt in my role will be transferable with strong excel skills and many other skill i have learnt throughout the year I will take away with me and continue to improve.

Overall I would say the atmosphere is pretty good. A paced environment that can be hard to keep up with but a friendly team and a good manager means that it is easy to stay motivated.
The placement could have offered more extra curricular activities to try and bring together the grads and the interns.

From day one hit the game running. you are fully submerged into the business with lots of inductions. You always have the opportunity to speak with HR if you have any issues as well.

At the beginning I would have liked to have more training so I wouldn't have had to rely on my line manager so much.
Some sessions were offered but it would have been good to have more structured lessons on excel / outlook ( earlier on) / powerpoint and our business intelligence systems.

You can apply for the gradscheme through an application followed by presentation and interview. these places are very limited and highly competitive. due to the high number of interns and low number of graduate spaces.

A social sec if voted in at the beginning and event are put on throughout the year. Mainly consisted of going out mid week. it would have been nice to have more things like pub quizzes and sporting event after work set up.

Expensive. London is known to be expensive and you have to give up socialising in order to pay rent sometimes. As long as you budget you have enough to live on with student loan

Lots of pubs some bars enough for a drink after work on a friday!

I joined a sports club in the area. this is all up to you. there is so much going on in london you have to put yourself out there is there are activities you enjoy.