Commercial Intern at L'Oreal

Oakham Central London and City
E-Business

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

8.2/10

Worked on the Superdrug account for Maybelline and L'Oreal Paris cosmetics.

Overall, my experience as a Commercial Intern at L'Oreal has been enjoyable. The experience that I have acquired (e.g. organisation, inter-personal, communicative) has been invaluable and I feel I have grown in confidence and maturity. Despite this, there have been times when I feel the company has not offered the support required in order for me to fulfil certain tasks.

The majority of tasks I have completed I have felt appreciated by my colleagues, particularly by my second manager.

Support and guidance has been intermittent but I think this is due to the fast paced nature of the division I work in.

I have always had tasks to be getting on with. The volume of these peak around re-merches and presentations.

I was surprised by the amount of responsibility I was given. For instance to handle the delicate issue of pricing with a buyer.

The skills that I have developed (e.g. organisation, time management, inter-personal) will be invaluable during my final year at university.

Lively, bubbly, motivating.

When I first joined the company, my internship was not well organised (i.e. I had no desktop, log in, desk space) but this has improved since. Much depends on the organisation of your manager.

I have had an array of training offered to me as an intern which will be useful for after university. I have also become familiar with EPOS data.

I will keep L'Oreal in mind for future employment however I would like experience at another company.

Yes, very.

Expensive

There are bars, pubs and restaurants in the area.

Yes, many (e.g. sports).