1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone was really friendly and welcoming and I felt like I settled in really quickly. I managed to make some great friends whilst developing many skills along the way. I also really enjoyed finding out more about the service line which I was on as well as some of the other areas Atos is involved in.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have always felt valued by my fellow colleges and have not once felt unequal being an intern. From my first day I was able to get involved with group activates both inside and outside of the office. I enjoyed the fact that your work was always appreciated by people all throughout the business.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was able to have one to one sessions with my manager on a regular basis and quarterly reviews. In these sessions any concerns could be raised both work and non-related although I always felt that I could raise any concerns or ask for support as soon as I felt it was required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Initially my work load was small whilst being introduced into the business and my role by as the year progressed I started to take on more and more work. Towards the end I would be busy pretty much all day every day which I enjoyed, it really made me feel like I was having a positive impact.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout the year my responsibilities grew, once confident I could take on more roles and with it came more responsibility. By the end of my placement people throughout the contract I worked on relied on my work, it was nice to know that what I was doing really did make a difference.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that I have managed to develop many skills from working within Atos. Communication skills was a big one, having to speak and communicate with many people throughout Atos really helped to benefit me. In my role in particular I feel that I was able to develop my Excel skills which I will be able to take back to university when I finish my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I felt that the atmosphere in the office was just right. Very friendly even people who you hadn’t ever necessarily met or spoke to before, everyone was very helpful. The office wasn’t too loud that would wouldn’t be able to concentrate and get on with your work but not too quite that you would be scared to ask questions aloud.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was the first intern in my team, this team was still fairly new and growing, and the scope of work the team received was hard to predict. I felt that the placement was quite flexible in the terms of personal development, there were plenty of online course I could get involved in alongside the training for my role itself.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Shortly after joining I attended a residential 3 day course with all the other interns from Atos. I really enjoyed this training course as it was mainly focused on personal development and getting the most out of the placement as possible. Throughout the yeah I also completed some courses on Excel which helped me in my role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. Even if you have not enjoyed your particular role/location at the graduate level you have the opportunity to change the area of work you are in completely. All the graduates which I have spoken to also speak very highly of the scheme so I wouldn't hesitate to return.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
On the initial training course with the other interns we socialised outside of the course, playing football and visiting the local pub. At my office in particular we got together to play football a few times and would also go for other social events such as meals and drinks and we also had a Christmas party.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Fairly inexpensive. I found that there was plenty of options of where to rent from when moving to the area and there was plenty of choice and a varying price range. I found that going out and socialising was cheap which was nice as I have managed to save some money over the year!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is plenty of places to go out in the local area with Stockton, Yarm, Middlesbrough and you can be in Newcastle or Sunderland on the train in under an hour! I enjoyed the night life both with work colleges and also the Students I ended up house sharing with.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
People will often send round emails in the office with event such as playing football, cinema trips, going for a meal or going for drinks, I’ve also been to events such as the greyhound in Sunderland, so any ideas which you have can be easily voiced and anyone can get involved!