Marketing Assistant at Lubrizol

Market Research Marketing

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.1/10

7.4

- Creating internal and customer brochures
- Creating and editing PowerPoints
- Spellchecking and grammar
- Graphic design
- Creating copy
- Creating storyboards for animations and videos

My internship was great fun - hilarious colleagues and a lovely working atmosphere. My projects were interesting and varied, and I was never bored. We often played corridor golf or with NERF guns which really broke the days up.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My colleagues valued me from the first, giving me interesting tasks where I had a lot of responsibility.

My supervisor and my boss were very helpful throughout my placement, always acting as a sounding board for any questions I had and being there for me if I needed them. I was given full briefs for every project via email, which meant I could work through them at my own pace. I found this

I was always busy, but not to the extent that I felt rushed or stressed out. At some points I did have a very high workload, but by managing my time effectively I was able to work through this and meet my deadlines. On the occasion that I felt that I didn't have enough work I was proactive and requested projects from my supervisor.

I was given a lot of responsibility from the get-go, occasionally feeling slightly out of my depth in the initial weeks. Once my initial nervousness had passed I felt more confident and able to complete the projects where I was leading!

My personal and professional skills have been thoroughly developed throughout my placement, and I place significant value on these. I believe that they will really help me in my future career and also in my final year of university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

SO MUCH FUN! I loved my team - their antics were hilarious. We worked extremely hard but knew how to let our hair down at the end of the day!

As I was the first marketing student that Lubrizol had ever had, the initial induction period was slightly confusing. My team had not had the chance to think about any previous students and design the programme around them, so it was a learning curve for us all. Now I am at the end of my placement I appreciate this though - it gave me the chance to really tailor the placement around what I wanted to get from it, rather than following in anyone else's footsteps.

The learning curve on my placement was very steep due to the amount of chemistry and mechanics knowledge involved in the job. My team took every opportunity to support me and were very knowledgeable - I feel stuffed to the brim with knowledge!

I am hoping that I've got my foot in the door with Lubrizol and will keep in touch with them over the next year. I hope they'll have me back!

There was a really good social scene at Lubrizol, and the students had a lot of fun. I didn't join in as much as I should have....

I lived in Nottingham, so 45 minutes away from Lubrizol. It was fairly cheap, and I know that Derbyshire is even cheaper!

I didn't go out in Derby, but heard it's good fun!

The student community at Lubrizol is well-built, and all of the students went on many outings together and went clubbing regularly. I didn't go to these as I live away from Derby and am slightly anti-social.. If you're social you will be sorted! :-)