1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had an incredible time working at Janssen (Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical) this year. I have met a number of fantastic people and got a very thorough experience of the pharmaceutical sector. It has been very interesting to work here. The level of responsibility you get at a placement at JnJ is incredible. You immediately become an integral part of the team and are not treated like a spare or like your opinion does not matter. Everyone has been so helpful, friendly and welcoming as well. The work itself was very interesting and you definitely to understand the company and the business alot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I did feel quite a valued member of the team. They relied on me for alot of projects.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support you get from your manager is very good! If you need to ask any questions your manager will always be able to help you and give you advice. You can also rely on your other colleagues outside your team as they are always so friendly and willing to help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied through the year but generally I was quite busy. There were always multiple projects that go on at the same time, so there is always something to be working on.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Alot of responsiblity. Your project management skills will be developed tremendously this year. It can be stressful, but it is a great and rewarding experience to see the hard work come to a successful close in the form of a marketing material or event.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They will definitely help me. I have developped alot of transferrable skills which I can use in the furture. My new and improved project and time management skills wills also be very helpful at university as I will be able to plan my life and work in a more efficient way.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great, everyone one is really fun, friendly and inclusive. Definitely met some great and interesting people.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised. The handover was good and the rest of the placement was well organised as well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
You were given the opportunity to go to the same trainings etc that the permanent staff went to. We also had specific placement related training which was also really good. Overally you were looked after and the company did invest in you.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are possible and the organisation does seem to favour the placement students, but it is not definite.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we usually did at least one activity together per week/weekend and are always going out to have drinks etc at the local bars.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cheaper than London - not bad at all
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not many clubs just bars and pubs - the snug does good cocktails!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes many! You definitely could have a good work life balance and a fun social life outside of work.