Finance Intern at GE (General Electric)

Farnborough South West
Accountancy Banking/Finance Financial Management

6.6/10

5.6

5.2

I enjoyed it a lot. It's similar to my course and I loved my course.

Very valued. I do a real employee's job. The stuff I do matters.

I needed to ask a lot of questions to do my job, they were answered.

Very busy. Stayed late quite a lot in the first half of my placement. Busy over quarter end which for quarter 4 landed over New Year. But busy is good. There is nothing worse than doing nothing for 7.5hrs a day.

I do not know how to rate this question, so leaving it at 5 - the middle.

Tremendous amount.

Invaluable experience. Directly links to my course. I want to do this as a career.

Friendly. Moved to open plan half way through, which made it easier to approach other finance managers.

You're treated more as full-time staff, so find it difficult to answer that question. Leaving at a 5/10.

There wasn't any opportunity for training/development which cost money. But I did have an 'SAP guru' visit me on 2 occasions which was very beneficial to the efficiency of my work.

• There were no perks with this Placement Year

I would love to continue within GE when I graduate. There is a GE programme called FMP (Financial Management Programme), so I hope this internship will open that door in the future.

The interns never socialised out of work hours. We all live in different directions, an hour each way.

I lived at home. Parents charged 1/6th of my wage. Saw lots of school friends who had graduated/were on placement too/never went to uni.

No idea, never went out. Previous interns went out in Ascot which apparently was good. Leaving as 5/10.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here... But I attended classes at the local (to work) gym & joined a local (to home) choir.