Controller at Nomura

Nomura  is a Top Employer

7.8/10

7.6

Processing of trade information for regulatory reporting purposes.
Performing risk calculations.
Production of resources and requirements reports.
Process improvement and testing.

The job was very interesting and challenging and gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about how the bank worked and the products they traded.

I was lucky enough to be part of a great team who recognised my abilities and gave me the opportunity to use them.

I was given support and training particularly my line manager and great guidance through the buddy/mentor scheme.

At the start of the year whilst I was still learning how the job worked I wasn't busy all the time and took the opportunity to learn more about the different products. This meant that I quickly advanced and was able to make more of a contribution to the team and then had work to do all day.

By the end of the year I had a great amount of responsibility but with the added benefit that there were always other members of the team to help with any problems.

I am a much more confident person than I was at the start of the year and I feel that I will now excel in my degree and will have the skills that I need to quickly succeed in my career after university.

There was a great team atmosphere in the office.

The placement-scheme was well organised and they had clearly put a lot of thought into the training process.

I was given a lot of training specific to my role, mostly on the job and also had access to on-line product training courses which really helped my understanding.

I've been fortunate enought to be offered a job on the graduate programme next year and am really looking forward to starting.

There wasn't only a good social scene amonst the placement students but throughout the whole department.

London is always going to be that little bit more expensive.

Loads of different places to go, whatever you wanted.