Processing of trade information for regulatory reporting purposes.
Performing risk calculations.
Production of resources and requirements reports.
Process improvement and testing.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The job was very interesting and challenging and gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about how the bank worked and the products they traded.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was lucky enough to be part of a great team who recognised my abilities and gave me the opportunity to use them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given support and training particularly my line manager and great guidance through the buddy/mentor scheme.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the start of the year whilst I was still learning how the job worked I wasn't busy all the time and took the opportunity to learn more about the different products. This meant that I quickly advanced and was able to make more of a contribution to the team and then had work to do all day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
By the end of the year I had a great amount of responsibility but with the added benefit that there were always other members of the team to help with any problems.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am a much more confident person than I was at the start of the year and I feel that I will now excel in my degree and will have the skills that I need to quickly succeed in my career after university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a great team atmosphere in the office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement-scheme was well organised and they had clearly put a lot of thought into the training process.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given a lot of training specific to my role, mostly on the job and also had access to on-line product training courses which really helped my understanding.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I've been fortunate enought to be offered a job on the graduate programme next year and am really looking forward to starting.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There wasn't only a good social scene amonst the placement students but throughout the whole department.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is always going to be that little bit more expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Loads of different places to go, whatever you wanted.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?