Software Engineer Intern at Atos

Nottingham East Midlands
Computer Science
Atos is a Top Employer

7.3/10

Good placement that through me in at the deep end which was great.

Met with many people on different projects throughout this placement. Several Visits to the pub should show how well everyone got on.

There if needed, Which wasn't very often.

Varied - Different projects came with different levels of work.

Treated as an experienced member of the team, Was given plenty of tasks that required responsibility.

As other developers know, Googling skills are important! On top of increased knowledge with different languages and software tools, my googling talents have increased 10 fold.

Different offices come with different atmospheres - always friendly, but depending on where you are based and which offices you visit you could be in a room with 3 others or a huge office with 100. Plenty of opportunity to work from home.

Started off well, but towards the end i found myself picking up smaller tasks to fill the gaps.

Sent on a 3 day training course during the internship. A series of online training courses were also provided. There are also huge amounts of online resources.

Will more than likely return providing I can join an area in the business I am interested in.

As previously mentioned we often still meet up for drinks outside of work.

Again, I travelled nationally so can't give a decent answer to this. If you find yourself away from your base office all expenses are paid for - Hotel, food allowance, and travel. In my base location (Beeston / Nottingham) I lived with family, so my living expenses were pretty much non-existent.

Changing teams often and working from various locations made it hard to join activities on a regular basis.