1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Good placement that through me in at the deep end which was great.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Met with many people on different projects throughout this placement. Several Visits to the pub should show how well everyone got on.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There if needed, Which wasn't very often.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied - Different projects came with different levels of work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Treated as an experienced member of the team, Was given plenty of tasks that required responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As other developers know, Googling skills are important! On top of increased knowledge with different languages and software tools, my googling talents have increased 10 fold.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Different offices come with different atmospheres - always friendly, but depending on where you are based and which offices you visit you could be in a room with 3 others or a huge office with 100. Plenty of opportunity to work from home.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Started off well, but towards the end i found myself picking up smaller tasks to fill the gaps.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Sent on a 3 day training course during the internship. A series of online training courses were also provided. There are also huge amounts of online resources.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Will more than likely return providing I can join an area in the business I am interested in.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As previously mentioned we often still meet up for drinks outside of work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Again, I travelled nationally so can't give a decent answer to this. If you find yourself away from your base office all expenses are paid for - Hotel, food allowance, and travel. In my base location (Beeston / Nottingham) I lived with family, so my living expenses were pretty much non-existent.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Changing teams often and working from various locations made it hard to join activities on a regular basis.