Undergraduate Placement Student at BAT

Southampton South East
Science/Research

BAT is a Top Employer

7.7/10

I have found the placement engaging, challenging and enjoyable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

I have been treated as an employee by my colleagues and not just as a student.

My manager has been extremely helpful throughout the placement, taking the time to teach me to use equipment and software. Also they have made sure that I have a wide array of experience and have allowed me to learn things that will be useful to my degree when I return to univerisity.

I have been kept mostly busy, there was a short period when I found myself with little work to do but was quickly given a project which has kept me occupied.

I believe the work i'm doing is useful to the company and have had other employees asking about it.

I have been trained on a lot of equipment that relates to my degree. I have also improved my soft skills a lot, from presenting to managing my time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAT

The office has an open plan and everyone is willing to help if needed.

The placement programme was very well set up, an induction day was organised were the we could meet the current students, our teams and also each other. Although we didn't have any help finding accommodation which the students found difficult.

Many courses are offered to the students such as presentation skills, CV writing and statistical software training.

I would consider coming back if it was an option.

The students have gotten on extremely well and as a group we have done some interesting and fun activities. I also have had a lot of opportunities to socialise with my work colleagues and have found this a brilliant way of getting to know them.

I have been payed enough to be able to cover my cost of living and socialising.

Initially I found the nightlife in Southampton very exciting but soon it became a bit dull. We have gone to nearby places to change up the nightlife a bit.

There are a couple of activities such as football and gym classes that you can get involved in.