Involved within a number of projects including team proficiency data and graphs. I looked at the process flow for a number of Corporate Actions, such as an Optional Stock Dividend and a Rights Issue. In my final week I was placed within a processing role, as a graduate would be. I spoke to offshore teams, and clients, and different agent banks. I was exposed to PB and Mainfirm sides of the Asset Servicing team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Amazing assistance in developing the skills that you may not be the best at! This is something that is definately not offered in other places, they dont just give you work to play to your strengths, they try and help you become a more rounded person, which can be very difficult.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My manager and my team set me up amazingly for the internship with goals and achievements. Other people were not given this by their team, but lots of people did nothing about it. Its all about finding work to do, and asking people for research to do.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time, and training, and lunches, and events, and endless people who are willing to talk to you and discuss their role.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Who would turn down a Grad program within a company like this! Its 2 years of guaranteed money, work and new people.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Completely depends on your team and who you make friends with at the start of the internship!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I dont get this scale.... but its very expensive if youre not already from London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did a pilates group every week, I got involved in the discounts available to everyone.