1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
There were high points and low points but over all worthwhile and learned a lot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers could have been in contact more.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
during high periods i was very busy doing fulfilling work. in low periods i had very little work that was not very engaging.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
First project was great. worked in high security office worked on a brand new project and gave demonstrations to shareholders.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt so many great skills both hard skills like programming and soft skills like communication and office life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I worked in two offices. the first was with a team of fun people who got on very well so was very lively. The other was a larger office with people who were less integrated. this was a bit more dull.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
generally well but my managers personally felt a bit too distant and out of contact. I would always have to contact them and never felt like they were checking in. I feel this is due to the large amount of managers i had (4 in total outside of my projects).
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there was always more training available if needed and mostly people were happy to assist in my learning
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would be happy to come back and work with Atos as long as there is a role that is suitable for me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
i socialised with work colleagues fairly often, arranging nights out as well as just casual drinks and dinner. there was also weekly football matches which were good fun. I feel it depends on the group that you are with though as the company is so spread out across the contry that you may have few grads/interns nearby
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was based in Beeston and lived at home so i cant comment on the living costs. the area is fairly average costs outside of london.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nottingham has a great nightlife and a good student population.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?