Software Developer at Atos

Atos is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.7
6.4

There were high points and low points but over all worthwhile and learned a lot.

Managers could have been in contact more.

during high periods i was very busy doing fulfilling work. in low periods i had very little work that was not very engaging.

First project was great. worked in high security office worked on a brand new project and gave demonstrations to shareholders.

I learnt so many great skills both hard skills like programming and soft skills like communication and office life.

I worked in two offices. the first was with a team of fun people who got on very well so was very lively. The other was a larger office with people who were less integrated. this was a bit more dull.

generally well but my managers personally felt a bit too distant and out of contact. I would always have to contact them and never felt like they were checking in. I feel this is due to the large amount of managers i had (4 in total outside of my projects).

there was always more training available if needed and mostly people were happy to assist in my learning

I would be happy to come back and work with Atos as long as there is a role that is suitable for me.

i socialised with work colleagues fairly often, arranging nights out as well as just casual drinks and dinner. there was also weekly football matches which were good fun. I feel it depends on the group that you are with though as the company is so spread out across the contry that you may have few grads/interns nearby

I was based in Beeston and lived at home so i cant comment on the living costs. the area is fairly average costs outside of london.

Nottingham has a great nightlife and a good student population.

very much depends on who you are working with