Software Development using a variety of technologies
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my placement at Atos. As an overall the experience was a good one.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt valued by the some of the teams I worked in. In others it felt like those that were already there were a bit too chummy and not really accepting of outsiders / new people.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support from direct supervisor (person looking after the interns + new grads) was good, and I got on well with them. The support and interaction from my actually manager was little to non existent due to no effort of communication from either party.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the first 5-6 Months it was great, I felt like I had something interesting to do every day. That started slipping and eventually there was no real work that I could do. I ended up setting my own tasks and goals (which were usually self learning).
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a decent amount of responsibility for myself as to how to prioritise the tasks I had.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The practice of programming was probably the biggest and best take away from the experience.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The location I was at had an older age demographic and was quite a serious place.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had one training "event" which lasted a few days with all the other interns around the country and the mandatory health and safety type stuff. A lot of on the job learning and being able to talk to more experienced people was useful
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?