Application Developer at Atos

Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science
Atos is a Top Employer

5.2/10

4.2

Software Development using a variety of technologies

I enjoyed my placement at Atos. As an overall the experience was a good one.

I felt valued by the some of the teams I worked in. In others it felt like those that were already there were a bit too chummy and not really accepting of outsiders / new people.

The support from direct supervisor (person looking after the interns + new grads) was good, and I got on well with them. The support and interaction from my actually manager was little to non existent due to no effort of communication from either party.

For the first 5-6 Months it was great, I felt like I had something interesting to do every day. That started slipping and eventually there was no real work that I could do. I ended up setting my own tasks and goals (which were usually self learning).

I was given a decent amount of responsibility for myself as to how to prioritise the tasks I had.

The practice of programming was probably the biggest and best take away from the experience.

The location I was at had an older age demographic and was quite a serious place.

Relatively poor.

Had one training "event" which lasted a few days with all the other interns around the country and the mandatory health and safety type stuff. A lot of on the job learning and being able to talk to more experienced people was useful

Fairly cheap.