Summer Intern at Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

8.5/10

8.6

Working in DCM

The work was fascinating and challenging. The people were so supportive and friendly.

My team were so welcoming from the very beginning and keen for me to get stuck in at the deep end from the outset

On a daily basis my manager would make sure I had something to learn about and work on and would give feedback throughout. HR had regular feedback sessions.

Some days could be busy, others could be very quiet due to recent market conditions. But even during quiet days I could spend time working on a project or learning from my team.

I was given many tasks so I was able to be very involved in my teams business.

For university: Learning about derivatives has made me want to look closer into pricing models which are based on similar principles in Physics. For beyond: this is my chosen career path so the skills I have learnt are extremely valuable to me.

Professional atmosphere but also very friendly and could still have a laugh with colleagues

Very organised, lots of actiities and training events were put on throughout. Plenty of feedback.

A lot of time and effort was put in to make sure us interns were getting as much as we could from the experience.

Had lots of positive feedback from my manager. Would love to work at RBC in the future.

Meet up for drinks, dinner etc

Lived at home so didn't need to spend much over te summer.

Lots of bars, restaurants, clubs etc