1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work was fascinating and challenging. The people were so supportive and friendly.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team were so welcoming from the very beginning and keen for me to get stuck in at the deep end from the outset
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
On a daily basis my manager would make sure I had something to learn about and work on and would give feedback throughout. HR had regular feedback sessions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days could be busy, others could be very quiet due to recent market conditions. But even during quiet days I could spend time working on a project or learning from my team.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given many tasks so I was able to be very involved in my teams business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
For university: Learning about derivatives has made me want to look closer into pricing models which are based on similar principles in Physics. For beyond: this is my chosen career path so the skills I have learnt are extremely valuable to me.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Professional atmosphere but also very friendly and could still have a laugh with colleagues
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised, lots of actiities and training events were put on throughout. Plenty of feedback.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time and effort was put in to make sure us interns were getting as much as we could from the experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Had lots of positive feedback from my manager. Would love to work at RBC in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Meet up for drinks, dinner etc
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home so didn't need to spend much over te summer.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lots of bars, restaurants, clubs etc
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?