Worked with Fixed Income Pricing Team. Completed a number of projects for the team.
Spent most of my time developing, but also some time on Trading Floor Support.
Also took part in training and 'lunch and learn' sessions.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Experience was very enjoyable. Got very hands on with the business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was able to really contribute to the team and add something of use.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Regular meetings and guidance from manager and other members of senior staff. Gave honest advice always.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Good work load. Very rarely did I have nothing productive to do..
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was given projects that would add real value to the team and would be used on a daily basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learnt some great programming skills including a new language.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised. Everything ran smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very good introduction to financial markets in first two days. Run by external team from 7City Learning. Further 'lunch and learn' throughout the internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Growing firm. Will be hiring large numbers for the next few years.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Whilst not organised by the firm, there were regular drinks and meals out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London prices. Fairly expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good nightlife, but expensive.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?