Analyst at UBS

Business Analytics

UBS is a Top Employer

6.7/10

4.0

I really enjoyed it, working with numbers everyday, it was a good challenge

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

I felt very valued. I was given responsibilities on certain tasks, made new spreadsheets and had to maintain good external relationships. It was always a laugh going out on social events with the team, they were very welcoming.

My line manager was always there if I needed any help. There was not so much communication with the Head of Performance, largely due to his busy schedule.

I was busy, but managed my time well so started at 9am and left at 5pm! Perfect! Only rarely did I have to stay longer but it was good to be kept busy.

I was given as much responsibility as I sought! If you wanted to do more they were always willing to give more. And they let me handle my own projects and become involved in some global projects too.

Well it opened up great opportunities for after Uni, as I found it really easy to get a job in the same field. At Uni it didn't really help much except I was more used to early starts and became a whizz on Excel!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

It was great, although a bit stressful at quarter end!

Very well organised, there was continuous review and appraisal.

It was up to you if you wanted further training, they paid for the IAQ exams, but I think I should have took more advantage of the training.

Very appealing but didn't go back as they were migrating to a new system!

There were 10 of us when I was on placement but the following year there was 20. Made a few friends for life :)

London is sooooo expensive, especially if you're from up north! People living at home would find it easier but the social life is not worth missing out on!

Excellent! Had some of the best bars ... Abacus, Apt, Agenda...

Yes, I dressed up as an elf, volunteered to refurbish a children's playground, definately worth getting involved in!