1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed it, working with numbers everyday, it was a good challenge
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued. I was given responsibilities on certain tasks, made new spreadsheets and had to maintain good external relationships. It was always a laugh going out on social events with the team, they were very welcoming.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager was always there if I needed any help. There was not so much communication with the Head of Performance, largely due to his busy schedule.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy, but managed my time well so started at 9am and left at 5pm! Perfect! Only rarely did I have to stay longer but it was good to be kept busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given as much responsibility as I sought! If you wanted to do more they were always willing to give more. And they let me handle my own projects and become involved in some global projects too.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Well it opened up great opportunities for after Uni, as I found it really easy to get a job in the same field. At Uni it didn't really help much except I was more used to early starts and became a whizz on Excel!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It was great, although a bit stressful at quarter end!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, there was continuous review and appraisal.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It was up to you if you wanted further training, they paid for the IAQ exams, but I think I should have took more advantage of the training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing but didn't go back as they were migrating to a new system!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were 10 of us when I was on placement but the following year there was 20. Made a few friends for life :)
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is sooooo expensive, especially if you're from up north! People living at home would find it easier but the social life is not worth missing out on!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Excellent! Had some of the best bars ... Abacus, Apt, Agenda...
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, I dressed up as an elf, volunteered to refurbish a children's playground, definately worth getting involved in!