HR Placement at Network Rail

Milton Keynes West Midlands
Human Resources Marketing Public Sector/Governmental Purchasing and Supply Transportation Travel and Tourism

9.3/10

9.4

I thoroughly enjoyed my Placement at Network Rail, I worked as a HR Placement and I always had some work to do. I worked in three different areas within the HR function to ensure that I was gaining as much experience as possible. Doing this also kept me on my toes, as I didn't know what to expect in my next placement rotation. However each one was better than the last and I loved every second.

I feel very valued by my colleagues, we get on very well and I look forward to coming in the morning and talking about my weekend as everyone always has great stories. My Colleagues were very welcoming from the moment I started with them and I have no complains with them.

I was always told when and what I would be doing every day. In the first month of my rotation my manager drew up an extremely detailed plan so I knew what work and activities I would be taking part in,

I believe I has a great balance, I wasn't so busy that I was pulling out my hair and having a meltdown! but I wasn't so relaxed that I was bored and had nothing to do, everything was a perfect pace.

Lots of responsibility but I was always told that I had a safety net in case of any problems therefore I knew if I needed help or support with anything I would always have someone there.

I have learnt many new skills, for example I learnt the ideal way to talk to mangers and colleagues and how to address people in emails. I also learnt how to complete important documents e.g. data changes, A2C0, Projects briefs.. etc. So if I choose to go into HR permanent this knowledge wold be a huge help.

Very relaxed and fun, we got the work done but had fun too

very organised, there was a huge plan put in place so that I always knew what I would be doing.

A lot, I was always put forward to attend, business briefing, D&I functions, placement fairs, graduate/apprentice assessment centres, the list never stops!

I think they are quite positive as I believe I am ding quite well

Yes, we have done lots of things with the other graduates/placements from ice staking/going out to just going to a quiet drink after work.

I lived at home so I am not sure

I lived at home so I am not sure

Many! I have been involved in many things and activities through all this.