1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my Placement at Network Rail, I worked as a HR Placement and I always had some work to do. I worked in three different areas within the HR function to ensure that I was gaining as much experience as possible. Doing this also kept me on my toes, as I didn't know what to expect in my next placement rotation. However each one was better than the last and I loved every second.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel very valued by my colleagues, we get on very well and I look forward to coming in the morning and talking about my weekend as everyone always has great stories. My Colleagues were very welcoming from the moment I started with them and I have no complains with them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always told when and what I would be doing every day. In the first month of my rotation my manager drew up an extremely detailed plan so I knew what work and activities I would be taking part in,
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I believe I has a great balance, I wasn't so busy that I was pulling out my hair and having a meltdown! but I wasn't so relaxed that I was bored and had nothing to do, everything was a perfect pace.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots of responsibility but I was always told that I had a safety net in case of any problems therefore I knew if I needed help or support with anything I would always have someone there.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt many new skills, for example I learnt the ideal way to talk to mangers and colleagues and how to address people in emails. I also learnt how to complete important documents e.g. data changes, A2C0, Projects briefs.. etc. So if I choose to go into HR permanent this knowledge wold be a huge help.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed and fun, we got the work done but had fun too
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
very organised, there was a huge plan put in place so that I always knew what I would be doing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, I was always put forward to attend, business briefing, D&I functions, placement fairs, graduate/apprentice assessment centres, the list never stops!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think they are quite positive as I believe I am ding quite well
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we have done lots of things with the other graduates/placements from ice staking/going out to just going to a quiet drink after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home so I am not sure
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I lived at home so I am not sure
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many! I have been involved in many things and activities through all this.