The Spring Insight week was really enjoyable, I learnt a lot in a short space of time and feel very fortunate to have taken part in this programme.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
I think because of the nature of the programme, in which there were 105 participants, it was at times difficult to get that personal touch. However, this was compensated by the various networking events that provided the opportunity to speak on a one-on-one basis with different representatives of the bank. In addition, the well-organised and structured approach to the week made me feel valued.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
The group sessions and individual conversations I had worked together well to provide me with the necessary support and guidance throughout the week. For example, a presentation skills session was held on the first day in order to help us gain confidence when networking and when presenting our ideas so that we could get the most out of the insight week.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills I developed such as my presentation skills, can be applied in all areas of life, even outside of the workplace. Moreover, I think that the better understanding I gained of the financial services industry will serve me well in the future.
5. How well structured was the insight?
I think the insight week was very well structured, especially bearing in mind the number of people that had to be catered for. The networking sessions in particular were well organised such as the networking dinner that was held in the middle of the week. A clear timetable was distributed which meant our days could be well planned out and we always knew where to go and at what time.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
The bank was very welcoming and all the representatives were very approachable.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
The insight focused not just on the work aspect but also on corporate social responsibility initiatives that the bank takes part in. Moreover, a culture with an emphasis on diversity, of background and thought, was clearly identifiable.
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?