I worked out at clients sites to conduct an audit on their financial accounts. You would have to enquire about the clients business, thus client interaction is important. I also conducted testing on controls and processes. I was given a stock take exercise at a clients manufacturing factory. They also exposed me to a couple of days of corporate finance and sales and marketing.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoied my work very much and I was also given work in other departments like corporate finance when I wasn't busy.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Great people, really friendly and helpful.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Perfect balance as I never did the same job often. My work varies a lot.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During audits I was able to do a variety of sections whic h all contributed to the end task.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Amazing! I was always busy and I was not doing the same jobs, thus the work was not tedious at lot.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
10 stars says it all!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?