Executive Management Summer Intern at HSBC

London Greater London
Banking - Commercial Banking - Retail

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Spend 7 weeks in a branch or commercial centre. Learn the business from the ground up. Spend time shadowing managers. Complete a business project.

I really enjoyed my internship. Some parts were better than others and on occasion the day-to-day work could become a bit boring. But the structure of the internship meant that we had different events to break up the 7 weeks. These events were really great and ensured we were never too bored.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

Extremely welcoming, helpful and supportive. I was really made to feel apart of the team from day one.

I was given great support by my managers in my office. But I also recieved wonderful support from the regional and graduate teams, who were always just a phone call or an email away.

Quite busy most of the time. On some rare occasions I was left to my opwn devices with nothing to do but took it upon myself to keep busy.

It's only 7 weeks so I never expected much. However, on occasions my managers really trusted me with responsibility.

I now have a great idea what it would be like to work for company and this will help me a lot when choosing what to do after I graduate. The skills I developed will not assist my studies.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

Really fun and friendly atmosphere in the office. Everyone gets on.

Very well organised overall. Maybe some opportunites to see some other business areas would have been a good idea.

We were well paid and very well looked after. I genuinely appreciated how much the firm has invested in my personal development.

I would love to rejoin the company after I graduate

One of my favourite parts has been the relationships I have formed with other interns. I have made some good friends.

Living and socialising in Central London can be expensive, but I got by OK.

Great nightlife. Lots to choose from with something for everyone.

We had a community day which was fun. Maybe some sort of sports club would have been fun.