Main duties were assisting staff on numerous audits for both large and small clients. General tasks completed in addition to this were account checks, research and gaining firm understanding of employment opportunities within the firm.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent working environment, but job is not as statistical as my degree.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Suitable level of support but also the opportunity to learn for oneself.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always something to do, occasionally rushed to meet deadlines or without work, but not very often.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Valuable presentational, networking and organisational skills developed, which will be useful in and out of work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Relaxed and fun but not a party! Ideal.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very organised for their first structured internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot was laid on for us, whether it be social events or professional activities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Fairly appealing. Obtaining an ACA qualification at BDO would be very helpful for the future, and it is an excellent environment to do it in.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fairly good, although some interns started to form "cliques" and structure social events around their own personal needs.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Commuting from Kent cost 20% of gross salary, socialising in London expensive in comparison to home/student bars.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Always something to do, excellent.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?