I worked at client premises completing sections of the audit such as cash and fixed assets. When in the office I worked on various tasks including calling and casting and working on my individual case study project.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a well-rounded experience, got to try many different tasks and work with different people in the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone was extremely helpful whenever I asked a question, and I was given lots of responsibility to complete tasks independently.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They helped my with any questions I had and explained any tasks I didnt understand.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was out at client premises for the majority of the placement and was given plenty of tasks to complete.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Completed audit sections by myself and had lots of independent tasks to do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Gained skills in IT, communication and research and presenting information.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly and relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I had jobs lined up from the very beginning of the placement and was prepared for future jobs.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a training week in London where we learnt about the general work we would be carrying out.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Prospects for being offered a graduate placement.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Training week in London gave us the chance to meet all the summer interns and get to know each other, plus two days at the end of the placement.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in my own flat, and was able to get the underground to work every day which was relatively cheap. Socialising not too expensive for a big city.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Glasgow has a good night life.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was an opportunity to go to a weekend football tournament, and go out for drinks with colleagues after work.