Create a reporting platform for generation of quality metrics reports
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent work. Very good people and environment. Little less technical than expected
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Really helpful people, continuous guidance and help with all problems.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Always ready to help. Answers all questions and solved all my problems (where possible)
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Banking industry is a diverse environment. Workload is depended on your project needs. My project required some other people get involved and that created some gabs in my placement without any work. Generally you always have some work to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You have a level of responsibility in every workplace. My responsibility was to generate the reporting platform in time and make sure it worked on a daily basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I got a really got experience on how IB works and gained some more skills on SQL server development but not in the level i expected.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good and quiet working place but people always organise events to learn each other and break the routine
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was not really organised when started as we where only 4 people but when the summer intern began, they really organised it very well
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They spend a whole week training us on IB and IT topics to make our induction smoother
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Really good place to work in the future. I will be very lucky if i get an offer!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Had a really good time in all the events and lunch breaks.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London life is quite expensive but you can handle the costs with the salary you get as a placement student!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I also live in London for the last 3 years so i know where to find nightlife! Its London!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many company "societies" organise events both sport and cultural and you are invited to attend