Day to day activities involved putting together PIB's (Public Information Books), and research on companies for the purpose of 'company profiles'
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the people within the Bank
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The work you do is important. You normally see every bit fo work you do in the next presentation / report
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everyone was really helpful and happy to help out whenever you needed a bit of assistance
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Extremely busy. Always had something to do and a deadline to meet and if this meant working into the early hours this is what was expected of you. Occasionally you have to come in on the weekend as well.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are left to your own devices and I often send emails / presentations to clients but someone will always check what you send out first
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learn how to manage long hours of work. The financial skills you pick up will also be extremely helpful when looking for a graduate position
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Worked with some really nice people. And even the VP's / MP's were approachable and kind
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Training week was maybe a bit misdirected but other than that everything flowed really well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Invested a lot. From good pay to high quality training and assistance
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Don't know yet but i can hope
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We tried to get out as much as possible, bt this is hard considering what time we normalyl finish and how everyone is working on different deals etc. Occasionally we go out for drinks early evening and then go back to the office to finish the work we have
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
everything is quite expensive but you get paid well
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the City obviously has a load of places but then you also have the whole of London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Most of the time it was quite nice to relax outside of work. You spend a long time at the office so on the weekends it is nice to do other things.