Penultimate Year - Retail Bnaking Intern at HSBC

Oxford South East
Banking - Retail

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Learning the basics of how a retail bank works and how the different roles within the bank contribute to operations.

The people were fantastic to work with, the ethos of the company is excellent.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

I was left to my own devices, on occaision I would have liked more involvement by the bank managers.

I had to find things to keep myself busy.

I could take as much, or as little responsability as I wanted.

I will be joining HSBC in the future, so it is vital to understand the company from the ground roots in retail banking.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

Absolutely wonderful people to work with!

The individuals in charge of the organisation of the internship were fantastic, organising training, community days and a day at head office. They were slightly let down by those in the branches not being as proactive to keep me invovled and busy.

We had a weekend of training with all the interns from around the country, and as I have said days outside of our individual placement locations were organised.

I am lucky enough to have been offered a placement on a graduate program. I would advise anyone wanting an HSBC graduate program to secure an internship with them, they recruit primary out of these interships, and if they fill up all the spaces on grad schemes with interns, they will not recruit externally.

Made some really good friends, even though all the interns were dotted all over the country, communications could be maintained with everyone using internal emails!

Oxford is quite expensive.l

Fine, but then I have grown up here, so I know where to go.

We had a community day organised for us, and all go together to have a quiz to raise money for charity.