Financial Planning Intern at Mazars LLP

2.9/10

2.8
2.4

3.5

Carried out basic administrative tasks within the financial planning department. Helped organise client profiles and played a small role in setting up the company's new intranet.

There were brief parts of the internship that were engaging and interesting, but the majority of the work was incredibly menial and I did not feel like I learnt very much about the financial planning industry.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Mazars LLP

Even though the tasks I completed were very basic and easy, I was very obviously appreciated by a wide range of colleagues for getting these tasks done.

Started off well, with a thorough introduction and initial plan, but before long my supervisor had lots of other work and was often too busy to find tasks for me. Instead, I had to turn to other graduates/colleagues in an attempt to find work.

90% of the time I had nothing to do and was often incredibly bored.

Aside from taking care of some basic administrative duties, I was given next to no responsibility.

I have now decided to pursue a career with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, working in international security. I have completely been put off working in the financial sector.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Mazars LLP

I had a good laugh with the guys who were sitting around me, it wasn't particularly dull because of this.

Despite appearing to have planned a productive outline of my internship. my supervisor did not carry out his initial ideas. I often just felt like a burden, getting in the way of the workings of the office.

I had 2 full days of training and an induction session on my first morning, so better than nothing! However, lots of the training was too complex and did not relate to me. Therefore, I gained little from it.

• There were no perks with this Internship

They briefly asked if I would be keen to work for them in the future but I turned down the opportunity there and then.

Yes, I would spend most lunches with the same group of guys and organised a few social events after work too.

I did not live in the same area, but it seemed relatively reasonable.

Quite poor, had one fun night at the casino but that was it.

The only ones I heard about were football and golf, neither of which I play to a high enough standard.