Marketing Executive at RCI Financial Services

Watford

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for RCI Financial Services

3.9/5

4.6
3.6
3.1

Marketing for a financial company such as RCI is extremely diverse, as not only is there a creative aspect to it, but also incorporates and builds on my analytical skills. Since I have been here I have achieved and learnt a countless amount, from daily reporting, to product development. Within the team there is a massive opportunity to look at marketing from different perspectives, for example I have learnt a lot in terms of services for products on finance, been in involved in many exciting Digital marketing projects, and have learnt the strategies applied for when a vehicle is put on the market in each quarter by the respective Renault and Nissan Brand Teams.

I was pleasantly surprised when I joined RCI Financial Services. I expected an extremely corporate environment however RCI has a very approachable and warm culture, allowing me to be easily integrated into the company. The role I had in marketing was also extremely diverse - so I never found myself doing the same thing on a daily basis!

I always felt extremely valued and important to my team, as not only did they include me in all their projects but I always felt comfortable asking for their help.

My manager has been extremely supportive of me during my placement year, especially as the automotive industry is a completely new area for me. I feel like the time was taken to train me, as well as assign me independent projects, allowing me to take ownership of my own work.

I was never bored or idle - there was always something that had to be done!

I was given individual projects that I was able to present and take ownership of, really developing my skills for my final year project. I felt like I had the same responsibility as any other employee.

As I am only half way through my placement I haven't been able to implement the many skills I have acquired - however I am extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and have greatly improved my presentation skills. I also think this role and company has given me the confidence and motivation I need to go into my final year and really aim high! As I would love to work in a company like this after I graduate.

Not as corporate as one might expect! It was so easy to talk to everybody and the friendly buzz and chatting created a relaxed but hard working atmosphere. If people are happy and comfortable in the place they work - they really are likely to achieve more!

Really well - during the first few weeks there were a lot of inductions and meetings and interactive training sessions which really helped us learn about the company and our role!

Since I have been here I have attended many training sessions in order to progress and learn more about myself. The company allowed me to spend time with other departments in order to get a feel of what other areas I may be interested in.

Very! I would be very fortunate to work here.

Definitely, I was always invited to lunch or events with my colleague. It was amazing having the other placement students to hang out with and we've become good friends!

As it was not a student area and quite close to central London - the prices are a bit higher than your typical student prices. As I lived at home - the commute through London was quite expensive.

Watford Oceana.

Yes! There was evening Run club and events like movie nights held by the sports and social committee.