IT Reporting Analyst at UBS

UBS is a Top Employer

5.3/10

5.4

3.8

To report and investigate costs and forecasted costs of the various IT departments around the firm. Also to monitor and control future expenditure.

The out-of-hours/team-building activities were very fun and I got on well with both my team and other interns. However, day-to-day the work level was very low and it was difficult to stay busy. There were frequent lulls in my workload and not very much else for me to do.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

After a few initial weeks where my team did not seem to trust me, I became an integral part of the team with my own individual responsibilties and taks.

My line manager was very welcoming and understanding of my inexperience. However, given his busy schedule, I often found that my meetings with him were postponed/cancelled at the last minute for days on end.

There was very little for me to do day-to-day because the job relied on having a knowledge of historic expenditure data.

I had my own project that I took ownership for but quickly completed this and was left with little else to do.

I developed stronger skills for interaction with senior team members, never having been exposed to such a hierarchical environment previously. Also, I am much more comfortable networking now.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

It was a particularly stressful time in the office, with a lot of deadlines at once, so there was a lot of tension at times. Other than that, I got on really well with my team.

The central organisation was brilliant - I was always informed of everything ahead of time - but I was my team's first ever intern and they did not seem very prepared for my arrival.

The firm scheduled IT training for me but a lot of my training had to be conducted in my own time prior to the internship's commencement (i.e. exam term).

Employment is contingent on my performance and headcount requirements. However, if these conditions are met then a job is guaranteed.

I got on well with the other interns and there were a lot of centrally organised events for networking. The interns also went out together a lot but, not living in London, I was unable to attend most of these.

London is expensive!

Commuting from outside of London meant I was unable to experience the nightlife as I would miss the last train home.