This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

4.9/5
  • The Role
  • The Company
  • The Culture
    4.8

Job Purpose: The Human Resources Co-coordinator will be involved with numerous HR administration and advisory activities and have the opportunity of working on HR projects. Contributing to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a talented workforce. Reporting to a Human Resources Business Partner, and working within the wider HR team, the Human Resources Co-ordinator will be supporting business objectives through the provision of effective HR practice and implementation of the HR strategy Accountabilities: • Working daily with HR systems, processes and procedures • Administration work within the department such as producing contracts of employment, pay review or job change letters to employees in an accurate and timely manner • Co-ordinate the return and administration of new starters paperwork, ensuring payroll receive all relevant information in a timely manner • Co-ordination of the Company induction programme (on-boarding) • Maintain and update employee records on the HR database (SAP HR) • Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system; • Ensure employment references are sought and obtained and in a timely way and respond to requests for employment and mortgage references • Manage the leaver’s process (off boarding); produce letters for leavers and ensure all leaver paperwork is raised, checked for accuracy (e.g. holiday entitlements) and passed to payroll. • Support with exit interviews and feed back to managers • Support with day to day HR duties, including recruitment, employee engagement, disciplinary and grievance hearings. • Supporting the development of HR policy and procedure • Document and effectively communicate HR processes, and suggest improvements where necessary • Exercising individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to HRBP, L&D Manager and manager’s attention • Day to day interaction with employees and managers Learning & Development responsibilities • Manage the room booking requests for Raymunds 1, 2 and 3 • Administer all joining instructions for training being delivered • Oversee the Training Sponsorship authorisation process • Own the coordination of our post training and other ad hoc surveys in using the online tool Survey Monkey and prepare reports for responses received • At times, particularly for L&D lead training, coordinate and schedule delegate attendance and diary invite management • Ahead of L&D lead training e.g. Company Induction, make the necessary room and refreshment preparations • As required and requested by either external facilitators and internal HR lead training facilitators assist in any training material preparation • Become trained in and consequently own the administration for the Company onl line learning tool, the Talent Zone • Own the administration and coordination for the Company Induction; ensuring that presentations are accurate and up to date, presenters are diarised and secured, delegates are invited and line managers of delegates are aware of attendance • Administer any L&D lead PO and invoicing • Administer our Profiling tools, Insights Discovery as required and directed by L&D Manager or HR Director • Order resources as required for training purposes and key Programme assets, e.g. book ordering for development programmes and toys and sweets for generic training use

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • My work placement was brilliant. I worked in a fantastic, supportive team who really helped me get the most out of my year. I enjoyed it so much I got a job as a graduate in the HR department.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • My colleagues where great, always willing to help and very welcoming and supportive.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • My manager was encouraging and supportive. I had one to ones initially every week. He was great at developing my knowledge and experience whilst giving me confidence and feedback.

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • Every day was different and a new challenge. I did my placement during a very busy time for the company when they were acquiring another company which meant I was always busy and involved. The weeks flew by and it went too quickly!

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • Being given business Areas to look after provided me with a lot of responsibility which I was accountable for. In addition to this, I was responsible for managing some Employee Relations cases which was really great to get real life experience.

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • My practical knowledge I gained during my year placement was huge. The training I received and exposure to a work environment really helped me in my final year of Uni. Also after graduating, I have had confidence in looking for a job as have had actual experience in a working environment.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • The atmosphere in the office is fun. The sales floor often had incentive days running and during year end and half year end the company has a theme which the office gets decorated in.

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • Very well organised. I had an initial 2 week handover where I learnt the job requirements. I then had regular one to one meetings. I received some systems training too where I went to Paris which was great.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • I went to Paris for systems training, I also attended an excel course as well as going to regular employment law briefings. I also went to an employment tribunal which was a great insight. This placement enabled me to get so much out of it. You get out what you put in and I was encouraged to develop at every opportunity.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

Subsidised/Company Gym

International Travel

Company Parties/Events

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

Above 25 days holiday

Healthcare/Dental

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • After Graduating, I have returned to Tech Data on a Fixed Term contract covering maternity leave.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • We used to go to the pub for lunch on Fridays and went after work. We often did events after work aswell as Christmas do's and there are half year and year end parties.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • Living is a little expensive as near London but there are plenty of options to rent a room and things.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Nightlife in Basingstoke is okay. The Pub near work is really nice. If you wanted night clubs Reading is close and got more night life.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • They has a social club which was £5 a month where they put on lots of events and activities to go up to London and stuff.

20th November 2015