My main responsibilities included general admin and assistance at the desk as well as creating spreadsheets and taking part in general analysis of bonds and markets. I was able to keep up with the news and shadow the members of my team to learn as much as possible because everybody was so helpful, so I could ask as many questions as I liked.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I'm not sure how it could have been better
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated extremely well by absolutely everybody on my team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My team were quite busy but would always take time out for me if I requested
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were much busier than others
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Professional but relaxed enough to feel comfortable
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Lots of brilliant activities
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were a lot of interns but we all got sufficient attention
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all got on very well and spent a lot of outside time together
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?