Intern for the Government of the Future Programme at Accenture

Accenture is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.7
6.6

Supporting the Government of the Future team in the budget, the planning of 2012 events and the UK Public Sector Business Process Outsourcing strategy.
This involved producing slides for presentations, researching companies and market sizes, checking that data is correct, talking to Subject Matter Experts and taking minutes.

This placement was hard work, but I was placed on a very exciting project and I felt my inputs added value and were taken seriously by colleagues.

My work was used in a number of overall presentations so I could see the result of my work. My colleagues made changes to the formatting, rather than the content of the work which I believe they valued.

Guidance at the start of the project seemed to be very subjective and there was a constant line between being too general and too specific that was not clearly communicated, so guidance consisted in telling me where on that line I had struck. As the internship went on guidance was more supportive, partly as I knew what to ask.

The BPO strategy meant that this project was very busy.

As one of the team was placed in Ireland for some of the project, I was given high levels of responsibility in these occasions.

I will be far more efficient in my work, and I have learnt how to pull the most important aspects out of a piece of work without needing to go to in depth into the report.

The office was very hard working, and there was a tendency to simply put your head down and work on your task with little communication.

The nature of the project was that there were no set objectives, but that you worked as tasks came up. However, there was never a lack of things to do and my role of an intern to support others was done well as I never had conflicting demands from other members of the team.

The company gave me a lot of experience, but any formal training is reserved for full time employees.

We do not know whether we receive an offer until the placement has finished but I feel confident that I would be offered a position and I would accept it.

As we were based all over the country, HR did well in bringing us together as a group regularly.

Although London is expensive, there were plenty of events which were paid for in various departments if you took up the opportunity.

I live in London for university and know the night life well.

There were many networking events, but that's it.