During the 8 weeks I was on the project I owned and updated several key documents for the project, I had meetings with world wide team members, I presented to the client and the programme leadership team and I trained new joiners. I was given a lot of responsibility and if you show you can be trusted and will work hard you will be rewarded.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved my time at Accenture! Great people and great work!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
There was a great team atmosphere on my project and everybody treated me like I was a full time graduate hire. I was given the same responsibility as Analysts and was invited to all the team socials
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a fantastic manager who was actively present to help me out if I got stuck
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was some days where I was rushed off my feet and I had to stay late, and there were other days where I was pretty free. You have to be flexible and ready to work if you have to!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility from the word go!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have definitely developed skills which will help me in any career, not just Accenture. Even if you decide Accenture isnt for you, the scheme provides you with the confidence to do any job.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a great team atmosphere in the office , however as I was based in the Accenture office, we did have to be wary of other projects and not be too loud!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was well structured with social events on throughout the 2 months I was there
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given adequate training to do the job I needed to do. My manager really pushed me to better myself. However I would have liked some more specific training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future employment prospects for Accenture are huge and hopefully I will be working for them some day!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
You are strongly encouraged to go to the socials, and although some days I was so tired I just wanted to go home and sleep, I am glad I went to the socials as I made some great friends!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is so expensive! Most of my pay went on my rent!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife was great but quite expensive!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were loads of opportunities outside of work, not just things organised for interns specifically but also project events and clubs and societies you can join.