I was entrusted to carry out duties both in the dispensary and the health care section. These included advising patients on health issues, dispensing prescriptions, stock check, sales and keeping records up to date. The role also required me to use a new computer system to update and order stock.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my time at the pharmacy as the people I worked with were very approachable and friendly. Also the help and advice given prepared me for my time on placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt like a key member of the team even though I was only there for six weeks, I believe this is because the pharmacist trusted me to carry out key roles which was a confidence booster. The staff were all very welcoming and I am still in contact with them after my placement.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The support was ideal for me as I was able to ask questions at any time if I was unsure of anything, the responce was always positive and this helped me learn alot.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were some days that were very busy others not but I always had a steady work rate which kept me busy throughout the day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Maybe not running the show but the level of responsibility given was just right in a pharmacy enviroment. this gave me great confidence and will to prove myself to the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The insight and skills I learnt on this placement will forever stay with me and I hope they will help me both in my studies and at work.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was good because we were always doing a job there was never a dull moment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I belive the folder that I was given to structure my placement helped alot to maximise the level of learning in the six week period.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company gave me their time, resources and a structured six week plan therefore everything was set for me to concentrate on what I wanted to gain from the experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have since my placement been offered a pre-reg contract, so I am over the moon with the Lloyds pharmacy.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fellow staff were always helpfull and I felt part of a team.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I worked close to home therefore no extra costs.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Birmingham broad st only 10mins bus ride away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We went out as work colleagues on a number of occasions including a meal for the pre-reg who passed and one day before I finished. On other occasion food was provided by managers for our lunch breaks.