Commercial Intern at L'Oreal

London Greater London
Sales

L'Oreal is a Top Employer

9.9/10

it was a great placement with lots of opportunities

my colleagues were really good at making me feel valued through the work that they gave me - project work on accounts such as sainsburys, e commerce.

my manager gave me a lot of autonomy from day one. They constantly assured that along side the autonomy that they gave. I was supported in catch ups and weekly team meetings

due to the fact that i had a lot of autonomy my days were always really busy, It challenged me but i loved that,

A lot of responsibility through different variations of work - i did a lot of presentations in front of senior management.

even though the business area i was in doesnt directly relate to my course subject, the skills i learnt through presentations and excel analysis will help me greatly with my final year studies.

really exciting! there are always new product launches, negotiations happening or new initiatves being implemented. It is a lot of fun and especially when you see your ideas really take off

we had an induction at the start of the placement which was a great way to meet people. It was organised from start to finish as at the start i was set objectives which then helped me develop throughout and work towards. At the end of my placement i was then assessed against these objectives.

We had intern training every month which was to help us learn new skills and build on current skills. I felt really invested in by HR because even though we are only there for a short period of time, it showed that the company wanted to give back.

i didnt apply to the MT scheme as I am still unsure what i would like to do but i know that it is a great company to work for.

socialising and networking is what loreal is all about! i had a lot of fun nights out and was part of a few sports teams.

i actually live in london so the cost of living wasnt high for me at all. the socialising around hammersmith was good but no clubs!

there were a lot of pubs which was great to go to after work.

the main focus was sport which was a really good way to meet new people whether it was interns or more senior people.