1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
it was a great placement with lots of opportunities
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
my colleagues were really good at making me feel valued through the work that they gave me - project work on accounts such as sainsburys, e commerce.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my manager gave me a lot of autonomy from day one. They constantly assured that along side the autonomy that they gave. I was supported in catch ups and weekly team meetings
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
due to the fact that i had a lot of autonomy my days were always really busy, It challenged me but i loved that,
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A lot of responsibility through different variations of work - i did a lot of presentations in front of senior management.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
even though the business area i was in doesnt directly relate to my course subject, the skills i learnt through presentations and excel analysis will help me greatly with my final year studies.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
really exciting! there are always new product launches, negotiations happening or new initiatves being implemented. It is a lot of fun and especially when you see your ideas really take off
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
we had an induction at the start of the placement which was a great way to meet people. It was organised from start to finish as at the start i was set objectives which then helped me develop throughout and work towards. At the end of my placement i was then assessed against these objectives.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had intern training every month which was to help us learn new skills and build on current skills. I felt really invested in by HR because even though we are only there for a short period of time, it showed that the company wanted to give back.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
i didnt apply to the MT scheme as I am still unsure what i would like to do but i know that it is a great company to work for.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
socialising and networking is what loreal is all about! i had a lot of fun nights out and was part of a few sports teams.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
i actually live in london so the cost of living wasnt high for me at all. the socialising around hammersmith was good but no clubs!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there were a lot of pubs which was great to go to after work.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
the main focus was sport which was a really good way to meet new people whether it was interns or more senior people.