1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
my placement was such a good experience. i had a wide variety of job responsibilities and had real exposure to senior management
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team was always very supportive. I always let them know what my goals were in terms of a placement i.e what to develop and they really helped me reach that goal. they valued what i did on a day to day basis!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
i had catch ups with manager weekly at the start but as i got more confident in my role they changed to biweekly. i also had expsure to senior management who gave me advice around how to prepare myself to be recommended for the MT scheme.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
my job was extremely busy as i was working with retailers, international operations and the factories. I was managing a lot of different relationships.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I alone managed the process to track what products orders had been put in place. It was my responsibility to ensure that everything was up to date and correct. This would be sent to senior management. A lot of my work was sent to senior management and had a real impact if it wasnt correct.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
it will really help with my studies at uni as it is a direct relation to my course. It helped me put my theory into practice and willl really aid with my last year and dissertation.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
LOreal was a really fun place to work. Lots of socials, open plan, everyone was very nice, a lot of support if needed from all levels.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the onboarding was really great, we receievd an intern handbook which really helped out with key info! I also went to one of the distribution centres that LOreal has - great insight into the factories and how the processes actually work!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
there was a really good intern training academy which consisted of 12 different trainings - managing priorities, lunch and learns, public speaking etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was actually successful in the internal process and got the grad scheme so i will be going back to LOreal in Oct 2016.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Loreal is a very social environment and there was alwaus something to do whether it was sports or going out with your colleagues. it was a really good balance with all the hard work you do!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive! BUT it is london and i chose to work there. Also Hammersmith is great for restaurants and different sports!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
lots of pubs! good for a bar crawl!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
i went to poland with work for the football team! It was great fun! i think it is completely what you make of the opportunities the company offers!