Sourcing and Supply Chain at Eaton

Business Management

Eaton is a Top Employer

5.2/10

4.2

Nice people to work with, offices/locations could be improved and updated. Overall helped me learn a lot of new skills and knowledge but could have been a little more demanding

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

The majority of colleagues valued me as an important colleague, as I was able to make some changes and improvements to help identify opportunities to save money.

Plenty of support from my manager and other interns as well as grads who were able to advise me in particular situations.

Varied from day to day, some days very little work to do others couldn't complete deadlines!

A fair amount, however, I feel that I could have had more responsibility throughout my placement and the majority of tasks and projects didn't have much significance to helping improve the business massively.

Plenty of new skills and knowledge learnt, which can be used in my studies in final year.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at Eaton

Being the youngest in the office by about 30 years, I found it difficult to get to know my colleagues in my office. Generally they all just got on with their work.

The placement could have been better organised by following a strict structure. Sometimes I found myself not doing much at weeks at a time and with my manager away from the office it was difficult to know what I could be doing.

I attended nearly 10 separate training days which really helped me to think about the wider picture and learn more about myself.

Would prefer to experience a new business.

With Cardiff 20 mins drive away and living with 3 other interns I got on well and we managed to enjoy nights outs.

Newport was quite cheap, so we managed to live in a very nice modern house for £95 a week all bills included!
Cardiff was nearby so nights out were to there rather than Newport which has a bit of a reputation.

Rough. Always went to Cardiff for nights out - much better!

Football every Monday night and circuit training every Thursday.