Undertaking market reviews for corporate clients.
Advising on Income Protection and Group Life Assurance queries from clients.
Rectifying queries regarding clients' insurers, and contacting the insurer to rectify them
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Challenging and varied. Good culture of internships and graduates, possibly a little more formal support required, but it was available when asked for.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Good social environment and felt important to a number of key tasks
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Possibly a little more formal and structured support would have been nice, but it was always available when asked for.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Right mix of busy and work/life balance. Company is very flexible, if you have deadlines, you work later, if you don't have urgent deadlines, you work as appropriate. Always busy with things to do in the office though
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Was given a number of projects to be involved in, and led a number of them. Had two projects between interns and another I ran myself, if you are a leader, you can lead!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Good corporate experience, but no formal training per se.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Good mix of work and play. Office football organised weekly and socials are regular.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Central internship projects well run, but at times the central internship programme and personal work from local office could be at conflict, with similar deadlines etc.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
No formal training as such other than a useful "how to act in business" external workshop on the first day.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Opportunities for progression are in existent and made obvious from the start of the internship. We are very much seen to be on the first step of a pathway....
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
One social to begin with nationwide interns, but unfortunately this wasn't repeated on the only other day when all the interns from across the country were together in London. Generally interns/grads within offices have their own informal socials.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Outskirts of London, but lived at home so didn't affect me personally.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is a Wetherspoons in Farnborough and 2 other pubs, but would generally go to London or Southampton for nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?