Applications Engineer at Autodesk

Birmingham West Midlands
Manufacturing

8.5/10

I really enjoyed my placement year at Delcam, The work was interesting and varied, the people were excellent and always had the support I needed.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Autodesk

Was generally welcomed into all teams I became a part of during the course of the year and never felt like my contribution was less valuable being a placement student. In my experience, all staff were very welcoming, easy-going and happy to help you out if needed.

Always felt like I could ask anyone for help with regards to work, and had a designated supervisor who was excellent at taking care of anything placement/uni related.

Always had work to do, but wasn't extremely busy all the time.

Variable between departments and projects, but generally a comfortable level of responsibility.

As an applications engineer I built up knowledge and skills applicable to the advanced manufacturing industry, inspection and machining.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Autodesk

Always friendly and fun with plenty of tea.

Well organised.

I was invited to take part in 2 day presentation training which was useful. I was sent on courses to learn relevant softwares and they were always happy to comply with uni regulations. For example supervisors gave up their time to watch a presentation I delivered about my placement to my uni tutor.

I would happily return!

Made great friends with a lot of other graduates so there was plenty going on socially.

Reasonable in Birmingham

Birmingham has plenty of nightlife of all kinds!

The company organised social events to help the grads get to know each other. Theres a climbing club, hiking events organised and go-karting events.